Tuesday, August 14, 2018

For My Kids



I think I have to comfort my children a bit and let you all know I am simply fine. You must also slowly know who I am. (I may look really weird to people who know me for talking like this, but, I believe God and want to please Him more than thinking about people's opinions.)


I was a studious kid and everything readable in our house I read. I pretty enjoy my childhood with my loving siblings. Why not? They got scolded for my bloopers, in our family the youngest always win. 😁 When almost all of them left the province to work in the city,  I read even more. I don't know why we have different Bibles in our house, but, even that I read cover to cover. I never understood what the verses mean back then, but, I guess the context of Biblical stories were deeply instilled in my mind. 

As a Catholic,  when I was in high school, I wanted to become a nun (convinced I could not find anyone who was more intelligent than I - got turned off by dumbness - ok that was haughtiness). I even asked God for a sign, hahaha, and to make the story short I went to the city to study and eventually was reached out by the real Gospel in my 2nd year at college. But, I have to be honest, that I only took my relationship with God seriously in 2008. That's when I personally seek God and attended church because I really want to know Him and not anymore because of my kind peers. (Mapua had a very active youth group then, and loving and fun-loving leaders.) As God bounds everyone to ungodliness, so, He can have mercy on us all, I had my own emotional turmoils. Call it whatever, but, back then I was pretty convinced that was the real thing. However, looking back now, I saw God's faithfulness and loving protection. I wish I had learn God's lesson some other way, but, what's important now, God had freed me from being naturally human, and I am all in for His purposes for my life. 

I love God even more for giving me many children after I had been freed. What will overflow on you now is what He gives me, His way, His purposes. Though, I could not yet teach you many things the most 'chewable' way, God had given me resources to share with you. 


Oh, these past few days, the guyabano trees and guava trees in our yard produced a lot of sweet ripe fruits. (Its their season)








No comments:

Post a Comment