Monday, July 10, 2017

Acts 3



Just wondering what would have happened if Jesus' disciples keep God's anointing and blessings for themselves and their families and friends alone. Probably we never heard about Jesus. However, God meant his pure love and blessings to be shared. So, Jesus' disciples shared it even to the ones who did not ask for it. They shared it even if it means that those 'religious authorities' would flog and imprison them.

The beggar expected some silver or gold from Peter, but, Peter did not give him that. Instead Peter had given him a new life - which is much better than any silver or gold. Then, the crippled man walked, jumped, and praised God. People noticed and they also thanked and praised God. 

If I try to picture it in my mind, I find it very very amazing. The man was crippled from birth and there he was made whole by the power of God! 

Could he be praying all his life that it would happen to him? Or was he content being a beggar in the temple of God? Was he envious of people walking in and out of the temple? Or was he resolved to die in such a state - a crippled beggar? I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. However, Peter and John turned his life around by giving him Jesus Christ.

Definitely Jesus is in the business of renewing and restoring lives that would result to people giving praises to God. (Peter and John did not own the glory. They gave glory to God and not to themselves - a true mark of the lordship of Jesus.)

Now, after two thousand years later why is it only a few of Jesus' believers believe that they can be used by God as a vessel of healing? If you have Jesus why keep him or his power for yourself?

(Now, not everyone would accept Jesus, but, almost everyone need or want his blessings. Not strange eh, we, people are too entitled and too greedy for the blessings. )

Actually, the answer is most of us Jesus' believers are not in tune to his heart or his Holy Spirit. Sometimes, we wander, we made plans for our lives and forgot who the Lord Jesus is. 

Healing will naturally flow from us (like Jesus' first disciples) if we are really connected to the being of Jesus. No darkness can hinder God's power nor block his love for his dear children.

As for me, I am personally willing to pay the price just to see Jesus work in and through my life. Just like how he work in and through the life of his disciples in the Bible. The price anyway is not that much (just my pride, my selfish dreams, and my wrong ideas about myself, God, and people). 

I know God had already made some miracles in and through my life. However, I want to witness more of his personality and power manifesting in and through me. Like, even just one prayer to the Father for Jesus to bring his holy light to a place would be answered in such a way that God would indeed send his Holy Spirit and move people's hearts to repentance and snatch them away from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light. (Unless of course they resist. Some towns resisted Jesus himself. A pity to those whom God has called into his light but they chose to walk in their own lights.)

Well, I believe that God is the same God the Father as yesterday - the same Jesus as yesterday - the same Holy Spirit as yesterday. So, today and tomorrow he is the same. Saying so, He is still in the business of snatching people from reckless or empty or useless or powerless living. Who knows those whom he snatched today or tomorrow would be more passionate and empowered servants than the one he snatched many years ago. As Jesus said in Matthew 20:16: "so the last will be first, and the first will be last."

So, maybe, just to practice giving what I have, I should say:

"Silver or gold I do not have, but, what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ, receive your healing. Be whole. Walk now in God's light."  Matthew 3:6
















No comments:

Post a Comment